Wednesday

Jewellery making classes.. my new hobby! ;)

Yesterday I had my first jewellery making class.. It was such great fun!! Why?! I don't know why I've decided to try this one now, but I'm always curious to learn new things, to get in touch with anything that makes my imagination work, anything creative and that tickles my little brain! ;) First it was the massage classes (twice!), then the life drawing course, then jewellery making.. and all this recently, yes.. not going far back in history..

So yesterday.. After an hour of "health & safety" explanations (all very English!), we actually started learning about the metals, got a list of many websites to explore on the subject, and were told to start thinking of what we'd like to create!... Starting by a pendent, a pair of earrings.. or both! :))

For the rest of the time we were amazed and amused... :) With a small piece of either copper or silver, I started shaping my first piece on the jewellery art!! I'm impatient for the next week and class to come soon, wishing almost every day to be "Tuesday after work"!

It's such a friendly environment, with a very experienced teacher - the perfect and very distracted kind of artist!.. The perfect ending to a day spent in the office, looking at a computer and numbers!

5 comments:

  1. This brings me back to good memories in Enschede! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're an expert in crown making, give me a call

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tell Imogen that you called her "Distracted"!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You couldn't make me a wedding ring could you?? I need it for next week, no pressure!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica - our first "jewellery making experience" in Holland was such good fun!! Really good memories! :)
    Joao - I will :)) Hehehe.. any particular shape, size, requirements?!
    John - Imogen is a brilliant teacher! I loved the class so much!! I will certainly continue them for a long time! Thanks again for guiding me to her!
    Jonathan - what's the size, please?! ;) Will try my best, no pressure obviously!

    ReplyDelete