Thursday

Tango is an old passion


Tango is and will always be one of my passions, I have no doubts!
There I was again this weekend.. it doesn’t matter if I go dancing once a month or twice a week, the feeling is amazing! The music, the atmosphere, the people..

Once, a few years ago, I’ve decided I needed a few days break on my own, somewhere different! I packed a small suitcase, made sure my tango shoes were in it and got a flight to Budapest!

Travelling is another one of my passions, yes! And combining these two passions was simply great! I stayed in Budapest for 3 days, before getting a train to Vienna! During those days I discovered the city during the days and all the places where to dance tango during the evenings! The uncertain feeling of entering an unknown place, starting to hear the music as soon as the first door is passed, the magnetic atmosphere of it all! After 3 days and evenings in Budapest, I left my hotel and headed to the train station.. Vienna, here I come! Another fantastic city, where music is on everywhere, where the sun asks no permission to invade every street! I did the same there.. explored the city during the day, explored the tango dancing places in the evening.

Along the way I made friends, I re-discovered how good it is to just follow our passions and go!
Tango is and will always be one of those passions.. And it is different in every city where I have danced it.. Newcastle, Budapest, Amsterdam, Vienna, Lisbon, Buenos Aires, Prague, Manchester, Edinburgh, Porto, Barcelona, Madrid, Coimbra, London, Bristol, .. “home or away”.. :)) But the passion and the beautiful music is always there!!

2 comments:

  1. Para ti é Tango, para mim é Salsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salsa is great fun too! But I have to be in a very different mood from tango! :) Do you dance often in Lisbon? Are there good places around?

    ReplyDelete